The Ying Wu College of Computing wants to ensure that you have a successful transition to your major; therefore, all students must demonstrate proficiency in the material covered in CS 100 Roadmap to Computing.
There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Take CS 100 during your first year at NJIT
- Take the CS 100 Credit By Exam and score 80% or better
You may only attempt the Credit by Exam if you have not already enrolled in CS 100 in a prior semester.
- Registration: Please complete the registration form.
- Date: January 12, 2018
- Time: 9:00 am
- Location: Will be emailed to you prior to the exam
- Cost: None, there is no fee for this exam.
- Parking: Free parking has been reserved in the deck.
Exam Results and Receiving Credit
You will be notified of your exam results via your NJIT email.
Upon successful completion of the exam, your academic advisor will help make arrangements for you to receive 3 credits to satisfy the CS 100 requirement.
If you do not score at least 80%, you will not have an opportunity to retake the exam and will be required to take CS 100 at NJIT.
Studying for the CS 100 Credit By Exam
Please use the following materials to prepare for the exam:
- Practice exams (Spring 2015 | Spring 2017)
- Additional materials on user-defined classes (Lecture notes | Sample homework)
It is recommended that you:
- First go through the tests and answer all the problems.
- Then check your answers using an interpreter.
- In the case the two differ, investigate where your trace of the code went wrong.
Another great resource to reference is codecademy.