The Ying Wu College of Computing wants to ensure that you have a successful transition to your major; therefore, all students must demonstrate proficiency in the material covered in CS 100 Roadmap to Computing.
There are two ways to accomplish this:
- Take CS 100 during your first year at NJIT
- Take the CS 100 Credit By Exam and score 80% or better
You may only attempt the Credit by Exam if you have not already enrolled in CS 100 in a prior semester.
- Registration: Please complete the registration form.
- Date: TBA (Final exam week: December 15-21, 2017)
- Time: TBA
- Location: Will be emailed to you prior to the exam
- Cost: None, there is no fee for this exam.
- Parking: Free parking has been reserved in the deck.
Exam Results & Receiving Credit:
You will be notified of your exam results via your NJIT email.
Upon successful completion of the exam, your academic advisor will help make arrangements for you to receive 3 credits to satisfy the CS 100 requirement.
If you do not score at least 80%, you will not have an opportunity to retake the exam and will be required to take CS 100 at NJIT.
Studying for the CS 100 Credit By Exam:
Please use the practice test to help you prepare.
It is recommended that you:
- First go through the test and answer all the problems.
- Then check your answers using an interpreter.
- In the case the two differ, investigate where your trace of the code went wrong.
Another great resource to reference is codecademy.